- 4 small oysters
- Vegetable or peanut oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo (for example La Marena)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 pieces sea urchin (uni)
- 2 tablespoons spicy pickles, diced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Lemon juice
- Crack the oysters open, reserve the meat and rinse and dry the shells.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the oysters in the flour and remove. Make a batter with buttermilk and the flour. Batter the oysters and fry them until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Make the chipotle mayo by blending the chipotle with the mayo until you have a sauce that’s just a little spicy.
- To serve, arrange a little mayo in a shell and top with 1 fried oyster, a little uni, a little pickle, then top with a couple of pomegranate seeds, a drop of two of lemon juice and serve.