- 12 large oysters in half shell
- 12 tsp of black bean sauce
- 2 tsp of fried onions
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 7 tbsp peanut oil (or sunflower oil)
- Put a layer of water in a wok and put the steam basket in it. Bring to boil.
- Open the oysters and put a tsp of black bean sauce on top of each oyster
- Lay the oysters in the steam basket
- Steam them for 5-10 minutes until they are done. The exact time depends on the size of the oysters.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in the sauce pan.
- Remove the oysters from the steam basket and put a spoonful of hot oil on top of the oysters
- Garnish with green onion and fried onions
Tip: if you don’t have a steam basket you can use a colander with a lid on top of a pan of boiling water and that works just as well.