- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, minced
- 12 oysters, shucked
- In a small food processor or mixing bowl, combine the butter, bourbon, honey, garlic, and chipotle. Stir or pulse until well-mixed.
- Heat the BBQ. Remove the butter from the fridge, and place a scant tablespoon on each shucked oyster.
- Place the oysters on the grill or transfer to a baking sheet and place under the broiler.
- Once the oysters and butter have bubbled and caramelized, remove them from the grill or broiler, about 3 minutes.
- Cool slightly before enjoying (the shells will be very hot). Serve warm.